One of the most common concerns patients have in coming to IHA involves the status of their immune system. This may be in relation to fighting infections or battling life threatening diseases such as cancer.
The strength of our immune systems to respond is easily assessed when we consider how often we get a cold in a year, or outbreaks of cold sores, warts, lymphatic swellings or recurrent infections. The answer to these questions gives rise to further investigation which aids in determining the risk factors at work in compromising our ability to fight off infections.
These factors include:
- Stress levels and our perception of that stress
- Nutrient availability and absorption
- Lifestyle choices (alcohol, tobacco and non medical drug use)
- Sleep quality
- Body weight & caloric intake
- Regular exercise
The above issues are assessed and then considered in the diagnosis which would follow either of these two treatment paths:
- Prevention in supporting a healthy lifestyle.
- Treatment of acute or chronic infections that may exist as bacterial, viral, fungal or of mixed origin
- Treatment of allergy responses that are either dietary or airborne
- Chronic degenerative illnesses with immune compromise (eg. Cancer)
- Chronic inflammatory reactions
Immune modulation is important in autoimmune disorders where there is a production of autoantibodies to a self created antigen with resulting injury to the host tissue with persistent inflammation such as in Systemic Lupus Erythmatosus, Rheumatoid arthritis or Myasthenia Gravis.
IHA's mission is to first assess the strength, response and effectiveness of the immune system by using laboratory , EIS, Nerve Express testing and physical examination. After these diagnostic tests are completed, therapeutic protocols are set up that will address the related immune compromise.
Depending on the protocol som of these therapies may be instituted: diet modification and weight loss programs, nutritional supplementation, detoxification, traditional Chinese medicine, acupuncture, intravenous therapies that include nutrient boosts, Ozone and antioxidant protocols such as Vitamin C and Glutathione therapies to reduce free radical damage.
Integrative Healing Arts sees the stability and responsiveness of the Immune System as the basis of healing from any condition. That is why we have developed comprehensive and multiple approaches to the understanding and treatment of these challenges.